The railway was built in 1903 to serve the kilns and the boiler house. It was the most efficient way of moving bulk materials such as coal and chalk around the site. Wagons were pushed on the level sections and a water powered winch was installed to haul them up, and lower them down, the incline.

Last updated: 04/03/2021

  • Facebook - White Circle
  • Tumblr - White Circle

© 2021 Twyford Waterworks

The Twyford Waterworks Trust, a Company limited by guarantee, Registered Number 1904919, is a registered Charity Number 291720.

Information for Trustees click HERE

Risk Assessments & Data Sheets   click HERE

Twyford Waterworks
Hazeley Road, Twyford, Hampshire SO21 1QA
Tel: 07516 458900

01962 714716